Thursday, January 24, 2008

Radiohead...

One of my favorite songs of all time is "Let Down".


You must've heard about Radiohead's break-the-mold distribution and sales model surrounding their new album "In Rainbows". Even though they made the entire album available for free, they still topped the charts when properly released in stores a few weeks thereafter. Link to story.



Sheeeeeet...."All I Need" just came onto my mp3 player. Wow.


Anyway, I was just saying to someone how it took me a few listens for the the album to click...and how the band is so much smarter than me, and me not being smart means it takes a while for it to make sense. But it's getting better and better everytime I listen to it. The evolution of the band is so organic and real and unpretentious and artistic.

On January 16, Radiohead played a free show in London at the small and intimate venue 93 Feet East. The tracklist is as follows:

5 Step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
All I Need
Faust Arp
Reckoner
House Of Cards
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape

Encore:

Up On The Ladder
You And Whose Army?
The National Anthem
My Iron Lung
The Bends


You can watch the entirety of the concert here. Thanks to eeiciap for uploading.

Finally, I have to post these two videos for posterity.

Radiohead - All I Need (Live at 93 Feet East)




Radiohead - My Iron Lung (Live at 93 Feet East)





Can't wait to see them live.

No comments:

Post a Comment