Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Burger on the Brain



Seems like everyone's got burgers on their brain, me included. Sure burgers have always been mentioned in food blogs and reviews, and I'm not gonna lay claim that I'm the first person to endeavor in creating a comprehensive list of burger joints in NYC to review...but every which way I turn, I see burgers.

Just now, I read that a truck spilled hamburger patties all over an interstate in Utah (via AHT). Three days ago, the puissant Frank Bruni did a little pepsi challenge between Corner Bistro and Shack Shack (UWS location). And of course, you've got the supremely popular South Beach Wine and Food Fest Burger Bash on Thursday. I could go on and on about why burgers are dominating food news...which I will later, but know that they are. (Here's a hint: It's the economy, stupid!)

But this post is just to set the table...to inform you that I've compiled an almighty and righteous list of about 50 go-to burger spots in New York City (2 of which were visited this past weekend) that will be thoroughly reviewed in the coming weeks. Some are very obvious, others, not so much. Further, I may haphazardly be walking around the streets of New York and stumble upon and into a food serving establishment and order myself a burger...so who knows how many places will be reviewed in the end. I will limit myself to only beef burgers for this particular exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment