Friday, January 30, 2009

PSA: James Lavelle & Omar S @ Santos Party House - Feb. 7, 2009


Oh shizzle...this party has the makings of something dope-alicious. James Lavelle is an innovator and a creator of awesome things. I actually found out about BAPE gear b/c of him. I am a huge supporter of Mo' Wax records. Dang...just found out that he's working on something with Darren Aronofsky.

Omar S is cooler than Miles Davis sitting in his own puddle of piss after a half hour. He's got his own label as well. He's got this one release that starts from the middle of the record, and plays outwards to the edge. It's hilarious seeing someone try to cue the record for the first time. Fucking hilarious. Especially when the person is really, really drunk. And when I'm drunk. I can't wait to get drunk tonight. Seriously though, Omar S makes some fucking quality music and keeps it real.

Anyway...this is dope. Dope, dope, dope.

Oh yeah...Omar S is slated to do the next installment in the venerable Fabric mix series. Here's what Resident Advisor had to say about it (link to page here):

Fabric will ask you to put your hands up for Detroit later this year when it invites Motor City producer Omar-S to become the next artist to grace its celebrated mix series.

The fiercely independent producer isn't repping his city so much as himself, however, as the tracklist looks a lot like Ricardo Villalobos' turn at the Fabric helm. That's right, Fabric 45 is an all-Omar affair. The street racer has put on some of his most famous productions, most notably "Psychotic Photosynthesis" a song which Omar claims he put together in a matter of minutes, and added four new tracks of previously unreleased material. In typical Detroit style, he told Fabric, "I don't need other people's music; I got over 100 songs released. I can make fucking six fucking Fabric records right now. I can probably make fucking ten CDs just of unreleased shit."

As for how to play this mix? Omar suggests the louder, the better: "A lot of my music sounds better when it's really, really, really loud, because I made it really, really, really loud. All the speakers in my studio are blown right now. The same headphones you see me DJ with are the same headphones I've had for fifteen years. Every track I've released came through those Sony headphones that I travel with."

Tracklist
01. Omar-S - Polycopter
02. Omar-S - Flying Gorgars
03. Omar-S - Strider's World
04. Omar-S - Oasis Four
05. Omar-S - Crusin Conant
06. Omar-S - U
07. Omar-S - Oasis 13 ½
08. Omar-S - 1 Out Of 853 Beats
09. Omar-S - Simple Than Sorry
10. Omar-S - Psychotic Photosynthesis
11. Omar-S - The Maker
12. Omar-S - A Victim
13. Omar-S - Oasis One
14. Omar-S - Blade Runner
15. Omar-S - Day
16. Omar-S - Set Me Out

No comments:

Post a Comment