Friday, August 29, 2008

Artist's Table w/ Itzhak Perlman and Jacques Pépin

Just caught this program on PBS this evening. It's a special hour-long conversation and collaboration between the violinist Itzhak Perlman and master chef Jacques Pépin.

You can hear the conversation of the entire program on the website (Be warned that a video begins immediately upon entering the site): Artist's Table

It's really insightful, but what I really like about this program is that it's just two great minds and masters of their respective work that come together and pretty much just shoot the shit. On a personal note, an early childhood memory of mine is when I met Itzhak Perlman at the Aspen Summer Music Festival many moons ago - but I'll save that story for another post.

Well...I wanted to find a video of the actual program and post it here b/c the website only has the audio, but in searching for it on the net, I came across this video clip on youtube of Jacques Pépin and Julia Child that's just gold.



Julia Child: I like beer!

And yes, Julia Child was a spy.

No comments:

Post a Comment