Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pearl Jam - Corduroy (Live, Madison Square Garden, 2010)



I used to love, love, love this song and was reminded of it when it popped up on shuffle this morning...



The waiting drove me mad  
You’re finally here and I’m a mess 
I take your entrance back  
Can't let you roam inside my head  

I don’t want to take what you can give  
I would rather starve than eat your bread  
I would rather run but I cant walk   
Guess I’ll lay alone just like before
  
I take the poor man's path

I must refuse your test  
Push me and I will resist   
This behavior’s not unique

I don’t want to hear from those who know 
They can buy but can’t put on my clothes  
I don’t want to limp for them to walk  
Never would have known of me before  
I don’t want to be held In your debt  
I’ll pay it of in blood let, I be wed  
I’m already cut up an half dead  
I'll end up alone like I began 
 
Everything has chains 

Absolutely nothing’s changed  
Take my hand not my picture 
Spill my tincture 
 
I don’t want to take what you can give  

I would rather starve than eat your breast  
All the things that others want for me  
Can't buy what I want because its free  
Can't buy what I want because its free 
Can't be what you want because I’m…
I ain't supposed to be just fun  

To live and die let it be done I figure I’ll be damned  
All alone like I began

No comments:

Post a Comment