Friday, July 23, 2010

No. 7 Sub - Review

I enjoy a good sandwich as much as I enjoy a tasty burger. Yesterday, I was in the K-town area during lunch and had a chance to stop by No. 7 Sub for some sandwich action.



With no obvious signage, it wouldn't be unusual if you walked right by the place as one of my friends can attest to.

Note that each individual sandwich is handmade, and can take up to 7-8 minutes to assemble...so keep that in mind if you're going to stop by during your lunch hour.

For this particular lunch, I copped two sandwiches to split and share with my old man. We got the 'lamb meatloaf' that has strawberry Pico de Gallo, curried crema, cheddar cheese, and pappadam and an 'olive oil poached tuna' intermingled with haricots verts, fried shallots, and cilantro.



Here are some sexy shots of the 'lamb meatloaf':



And here's the tuna:




The lamb meatloaf was distinctly lamb flavored, but didn't strike a chord with me. It was unmemorable. However, the tuna was a platinum hit. Super tasty and filling, the haricots verts were a perfect complement to the tuna, as was the mayo-based sauce. For those adverse to cilantro, I didn't really taste any (but you could always ask to have your sandwich without it). In any case, if I had more hands, I would give it 4 thumbs up.

So if you're in the hood and looking for something that's not your usual fare, give No. 7 Sub a shot. And of course, if you're in the Fort Greene hood, stop by their restaurant No. 7.

No. 7 Sub
1188 Broadway
between 28/29 St
New York, NY 10001
tel 212.532.1680
info@no7sub.com

Breakfast: Mon - Fri 8:00 till 10:30 am
Lunch/Dinner: 11:30 am till 5 pm
Or till we run out of bread

No comments:

Post a Comment