Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music

Was listening to the new Greg Wilson podcast for Fabric (which you can listen to here: Link) and the first song on the mix is Arthur Conley's "Sweet Soul Music".

The track is exactly what I'm talking about. It's one of those songs that have it all for me; the shoutout to the great ones...the simplicity...the honesty. Do you like good music??





Edit: Okay, okay...before I get 6 million people telling me the deal...the above song is a rewrite by Conley and Otis Redding of a Sam Cooke track titled "Yeah Man". You best recognize...




Now, just because "Sweet Soul Music" is a rework of another song, doesn't diminish it in any way, for me - and I hope it doesn't for you either. If anything, that's what musicians do...take the past...take the greatness that've come before us...take all of history that exists within us...and be true and just do what we gotta do.

And to bring it back around again, that's what DJ's like Greg Wilson do...introduce tracks...pick those golden nuggets hidden between the years of time gone by...and play them for suckers like me who get a proverbial boner from great music.



EDIT: So, the above videos were removed. Here's another one I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment